Samsung Asia Pte Ltd
MOU SIGNED BETWEEN ITE AND SAMSUNG ASIA PTE LTD – COOPERATION IN THE FIELD OF MOBILE AND DISPLAY TECHNOLOGY
ITE and Samsung Asia Pte Ltd (Samsung) signed a three-year Memorandum of Understanding on 14 May 2014. The duration of this MOU is for a period of three years which ends on 13 May 2017.
This MOU confirms collaboration in enhancing ITE students’ learning and training opportunities in Mobile and Display Technology at ITE Colleges.
The objectives of the MOU are:
- To provide ITE students with scholarship and Industry Attachment opportunities;
- To develop ITE – Samsung Joint Certification;
- To provide employment opportunities for students at Samsung;
- To set up ITE – Samsung Tech Hub at ITE College East;
- To work on the ITE – Samsung Student Industry Project Programme; and
- To develop ITE staff capability using Samsung technology.
The scholarships will be awarded to two students from Nitec in Electronics (Display Technology) and Nitec in Electronics (Mobile Devices) annually.
Samsung will provide 20 industry attachment places annually for ITE students from related courses.
ITE students shall use Samsung products to provide technology solutions to companies when working on industry projects.