Incubation Programme @ EDC
New start-ups created by ITE students, graduates and external parties can apply for incubation at the EDC. The EDC incubation programme acts as the greenhouse that facilitates the tapping of expertise and facilities offered by various faculties within ITE.
By providing an affordable business office space with value-added facilities and services, it is hoped actual operating businesses will create an environment of entrepreneurship that spawns student enterprises or encourage students to experiment with enterprise as a viable option to employment.
Benefits of Incubation at EDC
- Competitive office incubation space at SGD 16.00 per sqm for Public and SGD 13.00 per sqm for ITE Graduates.
- Incubation period shall be for a period of 1 year, with an option for extension of 1 year.
- A host of opportunities to work on collaborated projects. Incubated companies also expect free consultancy services provided by EDC, ITE’s Industry Liaison Office (ILO), or ITE Alumni Office up to 2 hours a week.
- Value-added office facilities such as common office equipment, telephone number, mailing address, reading periodicals, use of EDC meeting rooms and business lounge at EDC through reservation.
Criteria for Application for EDC’s Incubation Programme
The incubation programme at EDC is open to start-ups founded by ITE students, graduates and entrepreneurs from the public. The applicant is required to have sufficient funds for the company to operate for at least 12 months from the date of proposed occupancy. This can be in the form of share capital, grants, loans or any other sources of fund. More importantly, all applications are to be registered businesses with good legal standing.
Application & Approval process
The application and approval processes are undertaken separately at each of the 3 EDCs.
Completed submissions should include the following documents:
- Duly completed application form.
- A business plan for the product or services offered by the company, or write-up of innovation or application of technology.
- A copy of registration certificate and Memorandum & Articles of Association of the company.
An evaluating committee would review each applicant through an interview assessment. Some consideration factors include technology used in the business, innovativeness in business offerings, commitment of the company management team, and the possible synergy between the incubatee’s business and ITE’s capabilities and objectives.
Do drop by the EDC or contact us for more information on the Incubation Programme.
The Enterprise Development Centre
ITE College East
10 Simei Ave
EDC Manager: Mr Liew Jia Shing
Contact Number: 6544 9593
EDC Administration Officer: Ms Delphine Goh
Contact Number: 6379 9967