Student Concession Card
All ITE College East students under the Full-time and Traineeship programmes will be issued with a personalised EZ-Link card and a lanyard each. Students from the different schools are differentiated by the colour of the lanyard they wear.
As a contactless smart card, the concession card allows for concessionary travel on public buses, LRT and MRT for full-time students. Besides being a smart card, the concession card also serves as a form of identification. Students MUST wear it during the whole period in the College.
Students may log in to their ITE Student Portal for more details on the activation, lost and replacement of the concession card. More information about ez-link card is available at the TransitLink website.
Who is eligible for the ITE student concession card?
- Full-time students below 21 years of age from ITE and not receiving an allowance paid by any organisation, with the exception of scholarship or bursary given on the basis of academic achievement or hardship, and Trainees undergoing Nitec or Higher Nitec Traineeship courses, are eligible for the ITE student concession card.
- The application of ITE student concession card for students 21 years old and above is subjected to approval by TransitLink.
- Students on sponsorship by an organisation will be given a personalized adult EZ-Link card.
- Part-time students are not eligible for the ITE student concession card.
How do I apply for my ITE student concession card?
No application is required. All eligible students will automatically receive their first ITE student concession card from ITE after taking the photos during matriculation.
Students on Traineeship will be informed by their sponsoring companies when to go to the TransitLink Card Replacement Office to make the card. NRIC/FIN card, a recent photograph-photo-sized colour photo. Trainees need to bring along the NRIC/FIN card, a recent photograph-photo-sized colour photo and minimum $5 to top up the card.
How do I extend my student concession before I get my ITE student concession card?
For new January intake ITE students, students will be entitled concession rates using their MOE secondary school smartcards until end of January. To extend the validity of the concession rates till end of March, students will have to present their MOE secondary school smartcards at any of the Sales Machines of Counters from mid-January till end of January:
- Add Value Machine (AVM) & General Ticketing Machine (GTM) – Place your secondary school smartcard on the card readers of the AVM or GTM and concession validity will be automatically be extended
- Passenger Service Centre , Ticket Office & Concession Card Replacement Office: Present your secondary school smartcard to the officer to assist you
When will I get my new ITE student concession card?
The ITE student EZ-Link card for January intake students will be issued to new students by their Class Advisor by end of February/early March. For students who reported after 23 Jan 2017, or did not take photos at ITE College East, ITE College East will inform students on the collection date via SMS once the TransitLink has uploaded the student’s information into their database. Please ensure that the mobile number indicated in Student Portal is updated.
What should I do if I miss the photo-taking session at the College?
You can take your photo within the first 2 weeks after start of the term at the Customer & Visitor Centre.
Replacement of lost ITE student concession card
You may now apply for a replacement of lost student concession card online by clicking here. Alternatively, you may apply for an immediate replacement at any Concession Card Replacement Office with your NRIC/FIN card, a recent photograph-photo-sized colour photo.
- Admiralty MRT Station
- Ang Mo Kio Bus Interchange
- Buona Vista MRT Station
- Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange
- Hougang Bus Interchange
- Jurong East Bus Interchange
- Somerset MRT Station (Closed from 2.00pm – 3.00pm)
- Tampines Bus Interchange
Operating Hours: 10.00am to 6.00pm daily, Closed on Public Holidays
The charges for replacement of a lost, damaged or defective ITE school concession card are:
|Replacement Costs||Lost Card||Damaged Card||Defective Card|
The above fees are subject to changes.